TX Two Step Fishing Tournament
& Fundraiser Benefiting:
Rules & Regulations
- All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violations will result in disqualification of the entire team.
- $80 / per Angler
- A maximum of four (4) anglers per team. No exceptions. You may fish solo.
- First 50 anglers signed up will receive bag full of goodies!.
- You can launch anywhere & anytime you want in bounds at 5:30 AM the day of the tournament. You must stay within the stated boundaries during tournament hours. FIRST CAST is 6:00 am.
- Guides allowed.
- Wade fishing is permitted within sight of other team member(s) (200 yard max).
- Fishing hours will begin at 6:00 a.m. August 4, 2018 and contestants must be in weigh-in line by 3:00 p.m. Weigh-in will begin at 1:00 p.m.Weigh-in at West End Restaurant & Sand Bar (Sea Isle Subdivision – 21706 Burnet Dr. Galveston, TX 77554)
- Artificial or Live Bait! All fish must be caught on a rod and reel. Participants may only fish with one rod & reel at a time.
- No team is permitted to approach nearer than 50 yards to any other boat, wader or kayak unless permission has been granted.
- No fish may be accepted from or given to another team.
- Heaviest stringer will win (max of 2 trout per team and 1 slot redfish. Only 1 trout may be over 25inches. You cannot weigh-in 2 redfish and 1 trout.
- Boundaries: East Matagorda Bay to Sabine Lake, Texas waters of Sabine only. Louisiana waters are out of bounds.
- All participants will be subject to polygraph testing. Polygraph will be conducted on site.
- All fish weighed in must be within the regulations of TPWD. Any undersized or oversized fish that are turned in for weighing that are not within regulations will disqualify the team. All anglers must possess a valid TPWD fishing license with saltwater endorsement.
- In case of a tie, weigh in time will determine the winner.
- Live Fish weighed-in will receive a half pound (1/2) pound bonus added to the weight of each fish (max of 1.5 LBS for 3 live fish)
- All Weigh master’s rulings are FINAL
- Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
- Top Notch Prizes to the top 5 teams
- Side Pot: (Optional) - $20 “Heaviest Slot Redfish” the heaviest slot redfish will win. Side Pot will pay cash for 1stand 2nd
- Trophies:1st – 5th place teams will receive a plaque and prizes.
- You may only approach the weigh table with 3 or less fish. Decide before you approach weigh table which fish you plan to weigh in.