Golf & Fishing Tournament
Texas Boys Outdoors is holding a one-of-a-kind fundraiser on 1-7pm May 10, 2018. This fundraiser will take place at the beautiful Big Easy Ranch in Columbus, Texas (www.bigeasyranch.com). This event is a combined golf and fishing tournament. The Big Easy Ranch has a championship 9-hole par 3 golf course and multiple lakes that are stocked with fish. 20 - 4 person teams will be participating in this event. Teams will report to the clubhouse between 12pm-1pm and sign-in. At 1pm half of the teams will have a shotgun start at the 9-hole golf course and the other half will start fishing. Fishing will be spread out among 3 different lakes. Once the first group finishes their round of golf (approx. 1.5-2 hours), they will switch to fishing and vice-versa. The golf tournament will be a traditional 4-person scramble. The fishing tournament will be based on the number bass your team catches, regardless of size. The tournament will end at 4:30 pm and teams will report to the clubhouse. At that time the awards banquet, auction and live music will begin. We will be serving a barbecue dinner with a Big Easy twist. The entire event will be concluded by 7pm. The first 20 teams are in and then registration will be closed.
Golf Rules - 4 Person Team Scramble
- Each team tries to score the lowest team score for 9 holes.
- All players drive off every tee.
- The team must use each team member’s tee shot at least twice during the round. This brings all four team members into play.
- After all the team members have hit their tee shots, the team selects the ball in the best position and all second shots are placed and played within one club length of that selected ball, (not nearer the hole).
- After the second shots, the best shot is selected and all third shots are played from that position.
- This procedure is repeated until the hole is completed.
- For every shot, you can lift, clean and replace the selected ball.
- Wherever the selected ball lies, all shots must be taken from the same area condition. For example: Fairway on fairway. Rough in rough. Bunker in bunker. Hazard in hazard.
On the putting green:
- All balls must be placed not further than 4 inches from the selected ball, (not nearer the hole).
- All team members must putt before second putts are taken.
Fishing Rules – Number of Bass
- Fishing rod, reel, and bait will be provided.
- Your teams score will be based on the number of bass that are caught.
- Each bass is worth one point.
- All fish caught will be released.
- Score keepers will be walking around the lakes, you must show them the bass and confirm they have given your team a point.
- All team members must have a valid Texas fishing license.